WHO ARE WE?
The English Language Centre is a language school located in the very centre of Łódź, just 500 metres from the Łódź Fabryczna train station. It has been operating successfully since 1990 and has been providing English language courses for people who wish to develop their language skills, communicate more proficiently, or take English language exams.
The English Language Centre is also a part of the University of Lodz. It organises English language courses and provides professional translation and proofreading services for employees, students and graduates of the University of Lodz, as well as people not connected to the university.
The English Language Centre is also a British Council examination centre in Łódź, authorised by Cambridge Assessment English. It administers Cambridge English Qualifications and offers language, university and professional exams on behalf of the British Council.
Above all, the English Language Centre is a team of experienced language teachers who constantly improve their skills and professional qualifications. Their work commitment and high-quality methods have been appreciated by thousands of satisfied students who have obtained prestigious, internationally accepted Cambridge English language certificates. All thanks to the courses at the ELC.
WHY STUDY AT THE ELC?
- we are a part of the University of Lodz
- we prepare candidates for Cambridge English Qualifications
- we have over 30 years of experience
- we know how to motivate students to work systematically
- the classes are dynamic, and time passes quickly
- you learn in class, not just at home
- your progress is regularly revised and tested
- you immediately practice what you learn in natural communication
- you become more confident while speaking in English
- you can contact the teacher through our teaching platform
- you have online access to lesson summaries, homework materials and your tests results
- you have access to our English language library
The importance of knowing foreign languages, especially English, is indisputable. Ability to communicate when travelling is one of the pros, nevertheless, in my case I truly profit from C2 course at work. Working at multicultural and global company requires excellent language skills. Thanks to classes with Marta, I expanded my English vocabulary and polished my grammar. Best of all, classes were always engaging and conducted in an interesting way. We had fun while learning! After the course, passing Proficiency is easy-peasy!
Karolina Balcerzak, Communication and Employer Branding Manager
The Proficiency - C2 course is an amazing language adventure during which we can not only prepare to pass the Proficiency certificate with a high grade, but also expand our general knowledge. The classes are interesting and varied. In addition to the grammar tasks that are unavoidable when preparing for the exam, there is also a strong emphasis on speaking. I recommend this course to anyone who wants to reach the highest language level and develop their skills.
Maciej Stalmach, SWPS student and recruiter at Accenture